Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What kind of pastry dough is used in Tarte Tatin?

I've seen it with regular pastry dough (like the millefeuille)


But i've seen they use another kind as well WICH IS IT? and with wich is the traditional way to bake it? 10 pts!!!What kind of pastry dough is used in Tarte Tatin?
I am a former chef from Canada, and really an pastry is fine, in France it is puff pastry, but sweet dough or regular pie pastry is fine, chill it after rolling and cut it first so all you do is slip it over the apples and bake, I sliced my apples, but didi do ones with whole halves fanned, just give it 5-7 minute out of the oven before turning out.What kind of pastry dough is used in Tarte Tatin?
It's usually best with puff pastry, but you could get away with using sweet shortcrust instead. It's really a matter of who you're cooking for and what they prefer. My husband occasionally buys single apple pies from the local bakery, while I bake them myself when I have the time. They bake them with shortcrust and I bake them with puff pastry.
Puff pastry is the best kinda pastry to use

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection